1. Determine the VALUE of your shipment. Add up how much it all would cost to replace. If it is a low value shipment then you may not need extra coverage. If the value is high then you may want extra coverage. Use our Declared Value Inventory Form for help.
2. See if your Home Insurance protects your move. If it does than you may not need or want the extra protection. If it doesn't than consider extra protection. You may have home insurance and still purchase extra protection.
3. Determine the RISK. If it is very low risk you may not want extra protection. If there is legitimate risk you may want the extra protection. Moving household goods is considered high risk generally as it is all stacked on top of each other in the moving truck and typically shipped assembled or without original packaging.
4. Determine the plan best for you.
Option 1 RELEASED VALUE = $0.00
Option 2 TOTAL LOSS = $100.00 (up to $5.00 per pound up to $500 per item up to $25,000 total)
Option 3 REPLACEMENT VALUE = $150 or $250 ($150 for $25,000 or $250 for $50,000)
5. Notify us BEFORE your move starts. Let us know early or decide last minute, but before moving starts.
Option 3 Replacement protection requires a declaration of values form filled before moving starts and an Inventory Condition Checklist form filled while loading and unloading.
- You can purchase Option 2 Total Loss Protection on moving day when the men arrive before loading starts.
- You can not purchase full extra protection after moving commences and extra coverage cannot be cancelled or refunded after the move begins.
- You will be asked to sign for the extra coverage before the move starts.